Posts Tagged ‘podcast’
- Please check out Kemy’s nonprofit organization – U R Awesome, Inc.
- Also, his World Kindness Tour can be followed here.
- Videos & press coverage of Kemy’s mission can be found here.
- I highly recommend hosting Kemy on his journey. If you’re on Couch Surfing, his profile is here. If you’re not on Couch Surfing but want to help Kemy out (while being awesome), contact him here.
I had the opportunity to witness the amazing positive responses he gets on a daily basis. He is truly inspiring.
Show Notes Pending!
- I received some Threadless T-shirts in the mail today.
- I adore lions. If you follow me on Pinterest (NOT RAVELRY, as I say in the video), you’re probably familiar with my “Ancient Lions” pinboard.
- On the needles: “Femme Fatale” dress using Luisa Harding mulberry (100% silk) on US4/??mm needles. “Minimalist Cardigan” using Handmaiden Mini Maiden yarn (50/50 merino-silk blend in “Peridot” colorway) on teeny needles. Finally, the “Brick Layer’s” Socks – send sock.
- Apartment therapy: The cinder block shelves/hutch turned out great. The coffee table is serious business.
- Once again, my cats make excellent co-hosts. Something I’m sure Sadie of the Yarnivore podcast can relate to.
- More apartment therapy: I am investigating the possibility to constructing a pipe bed relatively cheaply. Since recording this episode, J-man has approved the project, and I will beginning post-haste (ie: when I figure out the cost and how much I can sell my current bedroom furniture for).
- 2012 update: I lapsed in my daily P&S routine. I also slacked off on yoga for about a week. I really have no excuse. I got busy (who isn’t busy!) and didn’t make an effort to make time. Ya’ll keep my honest with myself. I will not abandon this project, and I have resumed the daily routine. On my way to conquering goal # 2 by the March 11 deadline, which is: increased flexibility & 25 consecutive P&S with no breaks (ie: on rep of 25).
- Couch Surfing. Check it out. Host. Surf. Connect.
Thanks for watching!
Show notes pending!
Part 1 Show notes:
- The Carrier – check it out.
- Couldn’t find a video editor that I liked (not that I looked that hard), so the clip I was talking about is in part 2.
- Inspiration for my cinder block shelves and my pallet coffee table.
- One the needles: “Brick Layer’s socks” – improvised design on US1/2.25mm needles, using Dyeabolical strong army skinny 2-ply yarn in “Take 1″ colorway.
- Special edition of Stash Diving: A little peak into my Fluevog collection enhancement. FYI: I used store credit to purchase these shoes.
Show notes pending!
In this episode I do a mini-review of my new knitting bag; talk about my knitting and love for Downton Abbey; and do some quicky Stash Diving. Thanks for watching!
- Work sucked today.
- I received my L.J. Kaelms bag (Jordana Paige) for my birthday from The Pops & Dee (aka my dad and his wife). I LOVE IT! It’s huge and green. That’s all I ask for in a knitting bag.
- Now, although I had bad luck with Namaste bags, you shouldn’t knock them. Try them for yourself! I admit, I am BRUTAL on my knitting bags, so keep that in mind when I make my comments.
- Speaking of cat litter, if you have cats you MUST try Feline Pine. You’ll have to get or make a specialized cat box (one with a grate in the bottom and tray to catch the saw dust), but it’s worth it. Way less cat boxy smells, and everything is flushable and septic-system-safe.
- My favorite knitting project bag from the Yarnivore. Do check her podcast out, it’s awesome!
- On the needles: “Bricklayer’s socks” – improvised design on US1/2.25 needles using Dyeabolical strong arm skinny sock.
- DOWNTON ABBEY! WATCH IT! If you like Gosford Park, you’ll probably like DA.
- Stash Diving: Knitivity “Down Home Art Yarns – Sock” and white coopworth wool 6″ staple length!
Get in touch: I am lewpy88 on ravelry. Follow my shit on Pinterest – Chelsea Lew. Thanks for watching!
Show notes to come later. Maybe. If I feel like it. So in this episode I’m a little sappy. I talk about how me & Jon met; respond to another podcaster; explain my love for Downton Abbey & Maggie Smith; and make a lot of funny faces. There’s also some nice armpit shots in this one, too. So, enjoy that. Thanks for watching!
Part 1 Show Notes:
- I respond to a few things in an episode of Sadie’s podcast, Yarnivore.
- Jon is away at the Vermont Studio Center, and I’m a wimp.
- Finish Objects: Jon’s Fisherman’s hat.
- On the needles: Still working on the Femme Fatale dress. Cast on an improvised sock pattern in Dyeabolical yarn (strong arm skinny base – very springy, great shine and stitch definition). I frogged the cardigan I was making using this yarn (Egret by Norah Gaughan) because the yarn really wanted to be socks.
Part 2 Show Notes:
- I have big feet, ya’ll!
- Stash Diving: Yarn – STWC Tofutsies in Mardi Gras colors. This yarn is not springy and is splitty and a little rough, but I really want to make a pair of knee-high Mardi Gras socks; Yarn – Malabrigo Sock in “Arch Angel” colorway. I LOVE this yarn, but haven’t found that perfect project that will use up all THREE! of my skeins. Suggestions? Leave ‘em!!!
- Mardi Gras – I love it, and you should too! Lafayette and New Orleans have great Mardi Gras events during the season. There’s a ton of info out there on all the different Mardi Gras traditions, so check it out. I highly recommend learning about the Mardi Gras Indians – they are rock stars. If you’re in the area and have never been to a real MG parade, holla! I’d love to host anyone who’s never experience the joys of Fat Tuesday. Ps: you don’t have to be Catholic to get the most out of this holiday. PPS: It truly is the best fucking holiday! I mean, we actually get paid holiday leave for it and schools shut down.
- Ok, so I love (southern) Louisiana. The food’s great. We have a wonderful, rich music tradition. We have some of the sexiest accents in the country. Also: CULTURE! Real culture!
I’m taking the plunge. I’ve been thinking about starting a podcast – mostly because I suck balls at blogging – for a long while now. This morning, I was alone in the apartment and had the SO’s fancy laptop (built-in mic & cam!) all to myself. Will add show notes soon. Hope this catches on! If not, I don’t mind talking to myself. Note the explicit tag in the title. I cuss. You are warned.
Part 1 show notes:
Not much to link to, but here’s some random stuff I mention:
Part 2 show notes:
- Pythagorean Scarf, pattern here, by Marie Kahn. Yarn: Lamb’s Ride Worsted by Brown Sheep,in “Bittersweet” using maybe US7/4.5mm needles?
Works in progress
- Pythagorean hat, pattern here, by Marie Kahn. Yarn: see above. Definitely on US8/5.0mm needles
- Opulent Cable Raglan, pattern here, by Wendy Bernard. Yarn: Merisoft Solid by Punta Yarns in color “SOL319″ (gee they’re creative) on US6/4.0mm.
- Rally Dress by Pamela Wynne, from Knitting it Old School. Yarn: Luiza Harding Mulberry & Elsabeth Lavold Hempathy on US4/3.5mm Knitter’s Pride needles.
-Vermont Studio center – great artist residencies with student aid/fellowship opportunities.
-Please check out my SO’s website: jonathanryanart.com
Contact me: I am lewpy88 on ravelry.