J-man helped me photograph my Fluevog stash. I just got the new ones in the mail today, and I’m so excited! Unfortunately, they have to be returned for a smaller size. Feast your envious eyes:
Show notes coming soon!
One the needles:
- “Brick Layer’s socks” using Dyeabolical Strong Arm Skiny 2-ply in “Take 1″ colorway. US 1/??mm needles. I used the heel construction featured in the Flirty sock pattern featured in Debbie Stoller’s book Stitch’n Bitch: Super Star Knitting.
- Surya shawl using Malabrigo Sock in “Indiecita” colorway. US5 needles – addi lace which tarnished & chipped (magically, even though they were in the bag)!!!
- Wool Leaves blanket – adult-sized. US 10.5/7.0mm needles using mystery white acrylic yarn held quadrupled.
Off the needles:
- 1.5″ of ribbing for a friend. Woo. Hoo.
- Camel down singles. More progress, but limited due to shoulder issues.
- Massage – get one! If you experience any kind of chronic pain, massage could be a good therapy solution for you. If you engage in any kind of repetitive motion – like knitting! – massage is a great way to relax& rejuvenate those muscles. Baton Rougers should check out dharma Life Massage Therapy.
- I recently started volunteer (and training) at STAR – Baton Rouge Sexual Assault Awareness & Response Center. I am so thrilled to be part of such significant work in Baton Rouge.
How I wash fleece:
- Unroll the fleece, pick out any poopy parts & large vegetable matter. Discard shorter bits (staple length less than 3 inches).
- Separate locks, fluffing cut ends to remove second cuts & pills. Place locks in mesh laundry bag.
- Fill tub with hottest water possible – 160+ degrees Fahrenheit if you want to be specific.
- Add enough Dawn dish soap (or wool wash of your choice) to tint water blue.
- Add bag ‘o wool. Soak until water is cool enough to place hand in, but still quite hot.
- Drain tub, squeeze excess water from bag ‘o wool. Repeat steps 3-6 at least 1 more time. Repeat steps 3-6 a final time, omitting soap.
- Let wool air dry, inside or outside of bag.
I took the plunge and made a ravelry group. So, come check it out! I am lewpy88 on ravelry and Chelsea Lew on pinterest. Thanks for watching!
- Please check out Kemy’s nonprofit organization – U R Awesome, Inc.
- Also, his World Kindness Tour can be followed here.
- Videos & press coverage of Kemy’s mission can be found here.
- I highly recommend hosting Kemy on his journey. If you’re on Couch Surfing, his profile is here. If you’re not on Couch Surfing but want to help Kemy out (while being awesome), contact him here.
I had the opportunity to witness the amazing positive responses he gets on a daily basis. He is truly inspiring.
I’ll be contacting the lucky winners soon. Congrats to everyone who received a prize in the drawing. Thank you so much to everyone who donated a prize. And, last but most certainly not least – THANK YOU to ALL participants!
Show Notes Pending!
- I received some Threadless T-shirts in the mail today.
- I adore lions. If you follow me on Pinterest (NOT RAVELRY, as I say in the video), you’re probably familiar with my “Ancient Lions” pinboard.
- On the needles: “Femme Fatale” dress using Luisa Harding mulberry (100% silk) on US4/??mm needles. “Minimalist Cardigan” using Handmaiden Mini Maiden yarn (50/50 merino-silk blend in “Peridot” colorway) on teeny needles. Finally, the “Brick Layer’s” Socks – send sock.
- Apartment therapy: The cinder block shelves/hutch turned out great. The coffee table is serious business.
- Once again, my cats make excellent co-hosts. Something I’m sure Sadie of the Yarnivore podcast can relate to.
- More apartment therapy: I am investigating the possibility to constructing a pipe bed relatively cheaply. Since recording this episode, J-man has approved the project, and I will beginning post-haste (ie: when I figure out the cost and how much I can sell my current bedroom furniture for).
- 2012 update: I lapsed in my daily P&S routine. I also slacked off on yoga for about a week. I really have no excuse. I got busy (who isn’t busy!) and didn’t make an effort to make time. Ya’ll keep my honest with myself. I will not abandon this project, and I have resumed the daily routine. On my way to conquering goal # 2 by the March 11 deadline, which is: increased flexibility & 25 consecutive P&S with no breaks (ie: on rep of 25).
- Couch Surfing. Check it out. Host. Surf. Connect.
Thanks for watching!
Show notes pending!
Part 1 Show notes:
- The Carrier – check it out.
- Couldn’t find a video editor that I liked (not that I looked that hard), so the clip I was talking about is in part 2.
- Inspiration for my cinder block shelves and my pallet coffee table.
- One the needles: “Brick Layer’s socks” – improvised design on US1/2.25mm needles, using Dyeabolical strong army skinny 2-ply yarn in “Take 1″ colorway.
- Special edition of Stash Diving: A little peak into my Fluevog collection enhancement. FYI: I used store credit to purchase these shoes.