Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
These are my cats. On drugs.
Things I mention:
1. Swayze Inn Farm – “dedicated to preserving the Jacob.”
3. http://www.kokonoelle.com – high-fire hand made ceramic buttons
4. http://www.AmericanCoopworthRegistry.org – for all your coopworth needs.
5. Cookie A’s tute on repairing holes.
6. The NJ Sheep & Fiber Fest was SO. MUCH. FUN!
Here’s some pictures:
Check out the sheep dog demo.
Meet Rinaldo. We had what you might call “a thing.” I scratched behind his ears, he might as well have been purring (harness get itchy, yo!). Then, I was distracted by some shiny thing and unceremoniously abandoned my love.
Here he is, clearly pissed and inconsolable. There would be no ear scratches. No nuzzles. Short lived though it was, our connection will be remembered with fondness.
1. 100 push ups, 100 days – starts today. I’m doing a slightly different (very different, actually) regimen. Check it out – you start out slow and work your way up to 100 consecutive at your own pace.
2. I’m totally going to my first sheep & wool festival in New Jersey!
3. I’m reading an autobiography of America’s Ace of Aces.
1. One of Jon’s socks is finished.
1. Sleeve 1 of Fisherman’s Rib Jacket is done. Working on sleeve 2.
2. Jon’s sweater – Vega by Cassandra Harada using Lion Brand Fisherman’s wool in “oatmeal.”
1. My hair looks purple in this episode. Hmm…
2. My sheepy Tee from Threadless
4. 100 days, 100 pushups – Sept. 3, 2012 – Dec. 12, 2012.
5. Moving sucks, but the Fat Squirrel Speaks does not. Watch her!
1. Surya shawl. It’s glorious. Truly. This is a trade piece with Kim Howard. I traded for her 2012 piece, “Noodles.”
1. Jon’s socks – Cherry Tree Hill wool in the woods.
2. I have 2100+ yds of blue Malabrigo worsted, and I’m using to make the Fisherman’s Rib Jacket by Lori Versace.
3. Not-yet a wWIP – a sweater for Jon using Lion Brand Fisherman’s wool in “oatmeal.”
4. I might knit another Surya using Malabrigo sock in “archangel.”
5. I gave up on the peplum jacket. That’s all I’m going to say about it.
If the video doesn’t imbed, click the link!
1. My first podcast since the move to Philly!
2. Killing acrylic yarn is magic.
3. We love out apartment.
1. Tunic by Drops – using mystery acrylic ribbon yarn.
1. Peplum & Pleat Jacket by Erica Patberg – using Lamb’s Pride Brown Sheep sport in navy, Knitivity sport in lime green. INTARSIA!!!!
If things don’t embed, please follow the link:
I just discovered the fabulous work of Hanna Haworth.
Her use of the fair isle technique is clever and refreshingly applied. It’s all very “knitterly” to me (think painterly, from way back when you took that art history class).
I’m not always into a narrative, but I adore the piece of prose that is included with the installation “The Hunt:”
One day she did not return from her fishing and so she was searched for, he reached her spot but it was deserted. And so he began looking for her tracks – they led directly away into the vast interior. It began to get dark as he ventured inland more and more. As night fell, he became sure that her feet were bare. They became smaller and smaller the further he tracked her. As he continued, one of her feet became wolf while the other remained human. As she was like that, he turned back.
Spinning demo starts around 34:00.
Things I mention:
1. Round the Twist Podcast. Of course, you watch this, right? Right.
1. Femme Fatale Dress – Rally dress pattern by Pamela Wynne. Louisa Harding Mulberry (silk) in blue & gold, Hempathy in pink. US 4/3.5mm needles.
2. Brick layers socks – my improv pattern. Dyeabolical sock yarn “Take 2″ colorway. They don’t match but they fit and get the job done.
1. Wings of a Dove stole by Kerry Milani in some crap black cotton. Simplified this pattern because the black obscures the fancy stitch work.
2. Feather Weight cardi by Hannah Fettig – using Araucania Ranco Multi
3. Surya shawl by Caryl Style – using Malabrigo sock “Indiecita” colorway.
4. Flirty Socks by Vilma Vuori – using Tofutsies.
1. Endless camel down spinning continues.
2. FO – A LOT of welsh wool top – 20ply worsted/aran in chocolate brown.
1. Walter’s not a fatty any more.
2. We’re moving!
3. Oscar had a broken hip, had surgery, and he’s recovering.
4. I try my hand at dyeing yarn with food coloring. I’m also considering knitting another color affection shawl.
5. Mummer’s Parade is a New Year’s parade in Philly.
1. Color Affection Shawl – using Jaggerspun Zephyr (silk/wool, “Suede” 630 yds), Suri Elegance (875 yds), & mystery handspun alpaca (gift from J-man’s brother). Us 6/4.0 mm needles & Us 8/5.0mm.
1. Femme Fatale dress – not much progress.
1. I imagine shadows that don’t exist.
2. What do I do with my left overs from the Color Affection?
1. Araucania Ranco Multi – color 309 – wool/polyamide – 376 yds/skein. – I have three balls which will require balternating.
2. Cherry Tree Hill Wool in the Woods, Cherub – wool, 200 yds/skein, Lottery #9 color. Perhaps this will become Monkey Socks by Cookie A?
3. Gift yarn! Handspun yarn from a local ag festival in Louisiana gifted to me by a faculty member in my department. How sweet is that?
4. We dyed easter eggs. Enjoy!