Fiddlestix podcast – Episode 11 “I need a massage”
Posted March 8, 2012on:
Show notes coming soon!
One the needles:
- “Brick Layer’s socks” using Dyeabolical Strong Arm Skiny 2-ply in “Take 1″ colorway. US 1/??mm needles. I used the heel construction featured in the Flirty sock pattern featured in Debbie Stoller’s book Stitch’n Bitch: Super Star Knitting.
- Surya shawl using Malabrigo Sock in “Indiecita” colorway. US5 needles – addi lace which tarnished & chipped (magically, even though they were in the bag)!!!
- Wool Leaves blanket – adult-sized. US 10.5/7.0mm needles using mystery white acrylic yarn held quadrupled.
Off the needles:
- 1.5″ of ribbing for a friend. Woo. Hoo.
- Camel down singles. More progress, but limited due to shoulder issues.
- Massage – get one! If you experience any kind of chronic pain, massage could be a good therapy solution for you. If you engage in any kind of repetitive motion – like knitting! – massage is a great way to relax& rejuvenate those muscles. Baton Rougers should check out dharma Life Massage Therapy.
- I recently started volunteer (and training) at STAR – Baton Rouge Sexual Assault Awareness & Response Center. I am so thrilled to be part of such significant work in Baton Rouge.
How I wash fleece:
- Unroll the fleece, pick out any poopy parts & large vegetable matter. Discard shorter bits (staple length less than 3 inches).
- Separate locks, fluffing cut ends to remove second cuts & pills. Place locks in mesh laundry bag.
- Fill tub with hottest water possible – 160+ degrees Fahrenheit if you want to be specific.
- Add enough Dawn dish soap (or wool wash of your choice) to tint water blue.
- Add bag ‘o wool. Soak until water is cool enough to place hand in, but still quite hot.
- Drain tub, squeeze excess water from bag ‘o wool. Repeat steps 3-6 at least 1 more time. Repeat steps 3-6 a final time, omitting soap.
- Let wool air dry, inside or outside of bag.
I took the plunge and made a ravelry group. So, come check it out! I am lewpy88 on ravelry and Chelsea Lew on pinterest. Thanks for watching!