These are my cats. On drugs.
Things I mention:
1. Swayze Inn Farm – “dedicated to preserving the Jacob.”
3. http://www.kokonoelle.com – high-fire hand made ceramic buttons
4. http://www.AmericanCoopworthRegistry.org – for all your coopworth needs.
5. Cookie A’s tute on repairing holes.
6. The NJ Sheep & Fiber Fest was SO. MUCH. FUN!
Here’s some pictures:
Check out the sheep dog demo.
Meet Rinaldo. We had what you might call “a thing.” I scratched behind his ears, he might as well have been purring (harness get itchy, yo!). Then, I was distracted by some shiny thing and unceremoniously abandoned my love.
Here he is, clearly pissed and inconsolable. There would be no ear scratches. No nuzzles. Short lived though it was, our connection will be remembered with fondness.
1. 100 push ups, 100 days – starts today. I’m doing a slightly different (very different, actually) regimen. Check it out – you start out slow and work your way up to 100 consecutive at your own pace.
2. I’m totally going to my first sheep & wool festival in New Jersey!
3. I’m reading an autobiography of America’s Ace of Aces.
1. One of Jon’s socks is finished.
1. Sleeve 1 of Fisherman’s Rib Jacket is done. Working on sleeve 2.
2. Jon’s sweater – Vega by Cassandra Harada using Lion Brand Fisherman’s wool in “oatmeal.”
1. My hair looks purple in this episode. Hmm…
2. My sheepy Tee from Threadless
4. 100 days, 100 pushups – Sept. 3, 2012 – Dec. 12, 2012.
5. Moving sucks, but the Fat Squirrel Speaks does not. Watch her!
1. Surya shawl. It’s glorious. Truly. This is a trade piece with Kim Howard. I traded for her 2012 piece, “Noodles.”
1. Jon’s socks – Cherry Tree Hill wool in the woods.
2. I have 2100+ yds of blue Malabrigo worsted, and I’m using to make the Fisherman’s Rib Jacket by Lori Versace.
3. Not-yet a wWIP – a sweater for Jon using Lion Brand Fisherman’s wool in “oatmeal.”
4. I might knit another Surya using Malabrigo sock in “archangel.”
5. I gave up on the peplum jacket. That’s all I’m going to say about it.
If the video doesn’t imbed, click the link!
1. My first podcast since the move to Philly!
2. Killing acrylic yarn is magic.
3. We love out apartment.
1. Tunic by Drops – using mystery acrylic ribbon yarn.
1. Peplum & Pleat Jacket by Erica Patberg – using Lamb’s Pride Brown Sheep sport in navy, Knitivity sport in lime green. INTARSIA!!!!